Thursday, September 5, 2013

Self-Assessment

Artistically, I view myself as a 3D artist. I have at least a foundation in almost all aspects of 3D art, and I have focused my efforts into creating game-ready assets, and the tools associated with them. Much of my inspiration is directed towards otherworldly ideas, such as a futuristic concept or a supernatural, surreal environment. I don't believe that I have defined a style for myself in my 3D work yet. I have always worked off of the found energy from may many different inspirations. I would not consider myself an “Idea person” as I have always struggled with the formation of concepts and original ideas, not to say I have no originality, though. Because of this I have focused my efforts into coming as close as I can to industry standards, and refining the work that I have to a professional degree. I believe my technical skills are my advantage. I know how to do many things and I can do them well. Applying those things to something greater and more creative is where I struggle.Much of my inspiration comes from certain concept artists. For example, Sparth never fails to spark something in my head whenever I see a piece of his. Below are some Examples. At this point I feel that I am a technically proficient 3D artist who is still developing creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment